- Dish type
My other half loves this as a quick supper. It combines a few of his favourite foods and is very simple to make!
Yorkshire, England, UK
20 people made this
- 2 slices of thick wholemeal bread
- 6 mushrooms
- 2 to 4 glugs Worcester sauce
- large handful grated mature Cheddar cheese
- large handful grated Wensleydale cheese
- 2 dessertspoons soy sauce
- 2 dessertspoons butter
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:5min ›Ready in:15min
- Line the bottom of the grill pan with foil. Put grill on a medium to high setting.
- Finely slice the mushrooms and place in a microwavable bowl. Add the butter and soy sauce and cook on full power for 1 min.
- Toast bread and place on grill. Pour a spoonful of the butter/soy sauce from the cooked mushrooms onto the bread, then arrange a layer of mushrooms onto each slice of bread.
- Continue to layer up the toast with the mushrooms, cheeses and tomatoes, making sure that the toast is covered to the very edge. Make sure you end with a layer of cheese then drizzle a good slug of Worcester sauce over the top of both slices when done.
- Put under grill and cook until the cheese bubbles and begins to brown.
All ingredients are added to your own personal taste. You could also add chillies for a bit of extra spice! :)
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
Great, perfect for a light dinner and works really well on French bread-05 Sep 2011