- Dish type
An easy baked egg with a baked portabella mushroom in a toasted bagel. Easy, fast and a perfect way to start the day!
Hampshire, England, UK
2 people made this
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 bagels
- 2 large portabella mushrooms
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- olive oil
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:12min ›Ready in:17min
- Turn the oven on to 180 C / Gas 4. Butter two ramekin dishes and crack an egg into each one. Season well then put 1 tablespoon of creme fraiche on the top of each egg.
- Place the mushrooms on an oiled baking tray and season well. Dribble a little olive oil on to each. Put the egg dishes next to them and place in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Whilst this is cooking, cut two bagels in half and toast. When eggs and mushrooms are cooked, take out of the oven and place each baked egg on to a plate. Mop up any extra oil on the mushrooms, cut into 4 strips and place on one half of the bagel.
- Add any extra salt or pepper and maybe tomato sauce, then put the other half of the bagel on top. Cut the bagel in half, place next to the baked eggs and serve with a hot cup of tea!
You can add some chopped chives to the egg or even grated cheese.