- Pasta sauce
- Tomato sauce
This is a cheap and tasty meal, very filling. It is quick to make to, so good if you are in a hurry, for something quick to eat.
Stirlingshire, Scotland, UK
11 people made this
- 350g spaghetti
- 60g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- a dash of Worcestershire sauce
- a pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper to season
- 75g cooked ham, diced
- 75g grated Parmesan
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:15min
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti for about 12 minutes.
- Heat the butter and add the onions, garlic,oregano and bay leaf. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and season with the Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped ham and stir. Pour the sauce over the spaghetti and mix well to coat. Serve with the grated Parmesan on top.
Serve with garlic bread.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
Simply delicious. I added slightly more Worcestershire Sauce and sugar for my taste, also a few dashes of Tobasco and fresh basil at the end.-15 Jun 2015(Review from this site AU | NZ)