- Dish type
Speed up the process by using a tin of black eyed beans, if you prefer. It makes a wonderful dip for tortilla crisps, or served on top of toasted ciabatta bread.
22 people made this
- 500g (1 lb) dried black eyed beans
- 450ml (16 fl oz) Italian-style salad dressing, or homemade vinaigrette
- 1 to 2 green chillies, diced
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 jarred roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:1hr30min ›Ready in:1hr45min
- Place black eyed beans in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 90 minutes, or until beans are tender.
- Drain beans. Cover with Italian-style salad dressing.
- In a large bowl, mix together green chilli, onion, red peppers, garlic, green pepper and ground black pepper. Toss in bean mixture. Chill in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight before serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(16)
Reviews in English (16)
Used different ingredients.This is a great recipe but trust me on this.... add 1 or 2 tablespoons of sugar. Makes all the difference.-15 Sep 2008
Took shortcuts.This is a wonderful recipe, however, I used tinned peas and made it just a couple of hours ahead of time. It keeps well for a few days.-15 Sep 2008
This recipe in general was good, but it was INCREDIBLY too much onion. it was all you could taste...and taste...and taste! I've made similiar recipes before and they were a big hit. This one would have been perfect with about 1/3 of the onion.-15 Sep 2008