- Dish type
A lovely warming spring nettle soup
Northamptonshire, England, UK
5 people made this
- 1/2 bag young nettle tops and leaves
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 pinch nutmeg
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Firstly wash the nettles and drain thoroughly.
- Next soften the onion and garlic in a little bit of oil or butter, until translucent.
- Once nice and soft add the stock and the nettles, now bring to the boil, cover and simmer for roughly 12 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Now process until very smooth, and add back to the saucepan and bring to the boil and reduce if you like your soup thicker, or add more stock if you like your soup looser.
- Adjust the seasoning to your taste and add the nutmeg if you like.
See it on my blog
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
This was so tasty even if the deep green colour was a bit off-putting at first. Don't be silly like me though - I used gardening gloves to pick the nettles then forgot and used bare hands to putthem into the pot to blanch - ouch!-11 Jun 2013(Review from this site AU | NZ)