- Meat and poultry
- Chicken pasta
- Chicken pasta bakes
- Chicken lasagne
This makes a nice change from ordinary lasagne, it can be very fiddly to make, but it's worth it!
Stirlingshire, Scotland, UK
60 people made this
- 3 tablespoons oil (for the chicken sauce)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 100g (4 oz) bacon, rinds removed and chopped
- 25g (1 oz) plain flour
- 300ml (10 fl oz) chicken stock
- 225g (8 oz) tinned chopped tomatoes
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 6 lasagne sheets (or more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon oil (to add to water)
- 25g (1 oz) butter
- 25g (1 oz) plain flour (for white sauce)
- 300ml (10 fl oz) milk
- salt and pepper to season
- 100g (4 oz) cheese, grated
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1hr20min ›Extra time:15min resting › Ready in:1hr55min
- Heat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4 and grease a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Make the chicken sauce: Heat the 3 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan, add the onion and fry gently until soft and lightly coloured. Add the bacon and cook for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the stock, tomatoes, chicken and tomato puree.
- Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring constantly, then lower the heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the lasagne sheets with the 1 teaspoon oil for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the white sauce: melt the butter in a saucepan, sprinkle the flour in and stir over a low heat for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the milk, return to the heat again and simmer, stirring until thick and smooth. Set aside.
- Drain the lasagne and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Spread half the chicken sauce in the bottom of the greased ovenproof dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place 3 sheets of lasagne on top.
- Spread the remaining chicken sauce over the lasagne, sprinkle with more salt and pepper and cover with a second layer of lasagne. Pour the white sauce over the lasagne and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top, then bake in the oven for 1 hour until bubbling and golden.
- Leave to rest for 15 minutes, then put back into oven for 5 to reheat (this helps to hold the lasagne together).
Serve with garlic bread and salad.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(11)
Reviews in English (8)
Tried it last night not bad at all and hubby loved it ! Added different veggies in like courgette but works just the same.-25 Mar 2014
Loved this recipe and have made it several times-16 Mar 2014
Absolutely delicious - we loved it! Making again today!-17 May 2013