- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
- Sweet pies and tarts
- Fruit pies and tarts
- Rhubarb pies and tarts
Simply mix rhubarb, berries, sugar and flour together, then spoon the mixture into an unbaked pastry case, dot it with butter, add cover the top with shortcrust pastry. The fruit mixture can also be frozen and used at a later date.
101 people made this
- 350g (12 oz) blackberries
- 175g (6 oz) finely chopped rhubarb
- 250g (9 oz) caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shop-bought shortcrust pastry case, and additional shortcrust pastry to cover
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:1hr
- Mix together blackberries, rhubarb, sugar and flour.
- Pour into unbaked pastry case. Dot filling with butter or margerine, and cover the top with shortcrust pastry.
- Bake at 200 C / Gas mark 6 for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Bake until pie is done, about 30 minutes.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(58)
Reviews in English (45)
did formy gcse exam in american food got an A thank you-15 Feb 2011
Altered ingredient amounts.If I could give 6 stars I would...fantastic. I did increase the berries and the rhubarb by a litte (had extra). The pie wasn't runny at all. Fab!-21 Jul 2008
This far surpassed what I was expecting. It makes the purple fingers from picking and nipping worthwhile. Pure Heaven!-21 Jul 2008