- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
A slow cooked chicken curry that will leave a lasting impression. Economical and easy to make for a busy household.
Fife, Scotland, UK
307 people made this
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 400ml medium sherry
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 fresh green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 whole red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1L water
- 110ml double cream
- 1 bunch fresh chopped parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 Knorr chicken stock cube
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:5hr ›Ready in:5hr10min
- Put olive oil in pan, add diced chicken breast. Add coriander, paprika, curry powder, cumin, salt and pepper, and mix well. Brown ingredients for about 5 minutes.
- Then add garlic and onions fry for another 5 minutes.
- Then add 1/2 of the sherry, chopped ginger, chopped yellow pepper, de seeded and chopped chillies. Mix all together and transfer to slow cooker.
- Then add remaining sherry, 1 tin chopped tomatoes, 1 litre water, cream, chopped parsley, sprig thyme and lastly stock cube. Cook on low heat for 3 hours and then high for 2 hours.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(16)
Reviews in English (13)
Excellent. I too did not use 1litre water. Made it probably six times and each time received compliments. Thanks for the recipe.-18 Jan 2013
Very nice indeed, but did not need 1l water.-12 Feb 2012
brilliant-25 Feb 2013