- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
A homemade spice blend is used to make this zesty, Cajun-style chicken pizza. Using a shop-bought pizza base, this a fresh and delicious weeknight supper ready in no time.
61 people made this
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 (250g) punnet yellow cherry tomatoes
- half a red onion, chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- half a bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/2 lime, zested and juiced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ready made pizza base
- 225g (8 oz) grated mozzarella cheese
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:35min
- Preheat over to 230 C / Gas mark 8. In a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, onion powder, thyme, oregano and cayenne. Sprinkle mixture liberally over chicken. Store any remaining mixture in airtight container for later use.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Pour oil into hot frying pan, and cook chicken in oil for 5 to 8 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, green chilli, garlic, coriander, lime zest and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread over pizza base, then arrange chicken over tomato mixture. Top with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese melts.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(60)
Reviews in English (51)
My husband LOVES this. He got ill with me when I shared the leftovers with my sister for lunch! He thinks it's better with yellow tomatoes, but red tomatoes are fine. I followed the advice of others and cut the salt in half for the chicken rub. I also used a whole wheat pizza crust. Besides that, the recipe is perfect. If you like mushrooms, be sure to add those because it makes the pizza better. Thanks for this wonderful, healthy pizza recipe! I am adding a note in here about the sogginess another reviewer mentioned - I always squeeze my salsa through a cloth or paper towel before spreading on pizza. Otherwise, the excessive liquids leave the crust soggy and messy to eat!-15 Jun 2007
I too only used this for the Blackened Chicken part, was by far the best I've had (but be-warned it is abit spicy). Probally not for the younger croud but if you like full flavor and a bite back this stuff is great!-08 Feb 2007
Freakin' amazing. The chicken is excellent by itself but what really steals the show is the sauce. It's almost like having your chicken and cheese on top of a delicious bed of fresh salsa.-11 Jul 2007