- Dish type
- Berry cheesecake
- Blueberry cheesecake
This luscious cheesecake is topped with blueberries, and can be made any time of the year thanks to frozen blueberries. Use fresh blueberries if in season!
106 people made this
- 85g digestive biscuit crumbs
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 450g cream cheese, softened
- 250ml soured cream
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 4 eggs
- 300g frozen blueberries
- 5 tablespoons blueberry preserves
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr30min
- Combine biscuit crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter. Pat mixture into the bottom of a 23cm springform cake tin.
- Mash cream cheese until soft and creamy. Gradually beat in soured cream, 150g sugar, vanilla and flour. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Pour mixture into crumb-lined tin. Bake in a preheated 170 C / Gas 3 oven for 1 hour or until firm to the touch.
- Cool and then remove cake from tin by loosening edges with a knife. Place frozen blueberries on top of cake. Melt preserves and spoon over blueberries to glaze. Chill until ready to serve.
For more easy tips on how to make a perfect cheesecake, check out our Perfect cheesecake tips how-to guide.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(107)
Reviews in English (76)
by Pheobe Alverson
Well, I also put some blueberries in the batter -- YUM. I also used one of the premade crusts. Well, I didn't realize that a pie crust is half the size of a 9" spring pan, so I had TWO pie sized cakes! I had to give some away! I also made some blueberry sauce out of a cup or two of blueberries (frozen or fresh), 1/8 c sugar, and about 2 tsp cornstarch (heated on the stove until thick). It turned out FABULOUS.-25 Nov 2006
by EILEEN B. K.
First of all, there are so many different types of cheesecakes out there and they all taste different and have different textures. I did not change anything to the recipe and it was perfect. I made it for a company picnic and everyone loved it! Amazing Recipe!!-14 Jul 2002
love this one I put the blueberries in the batter and toped the cake with blueberrie pie filling and chilled it. It was great.-24 Feb 2003