- Oily fish
- Baked salmon
Baked salmon makes an excellent special occasion main course!
1499 people made this
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 teaspoons honey
- 60g fresh breadcrumbs
- 60g finely chopped pecans
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 6 (120g) fillets salmon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 lemon wedges
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:30min
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6. In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, butter and honey. In another bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, pecans and parsley.
- Season each salmon fillet with salt and pepper. Place on a lightly greased baking tray. Brush with mustard-honey mixture. Cover the top of each fillet with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes per 2.5cm (1 inch) of thickness, measured at thickest part, or until salmon just flakes when tested with a fork. Serve garnished with lemon wedges.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1635)
Reviews in English (1166)
My family loved this recipe, even my five year old. And it was easy to make. Didnt change a thing.-26 Jul 2010
Good recipe. I tweaked it a bit, used walnuts instead of pecans and nutritional yeast instead of breadcrumbs, it was still great and I'll be making it again for sure. Would recommend marinating it for a few hours if possible.-01 Mar 2016
by Caroline C
I made this as written, and we enjoyed it. However, if I were to make it again, I would use a hot tangy English mustard (we could barely taste the Dijon), decrease the amount of honey (too sweet for my taste), and use more pecans and less breadrcrumbs (making it more crunchy and flavorsome). The '10 minute per inch of thickness' baking suggestion was absolutely spot-on. Thank you, Christine!-07 Jun 2006