- Meat and poultry
- Turkey mince
Swap the beef for turkey mince for a lighter take on tacos! The kids will love taco night, and so will you with this easy recipe.
23 people made this
- 450g minced turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch garlic granules, or to taste
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 180ml light creme fraiche or soured cream
- 200g tomato salsa
- 180g grated Cheddar cheese
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:25min
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat; cook and stir the minced turkey and onion in the hot frying pan until the turkey is crumbly, evenly browned and no longer pink. Season with salt, pepper and garlic granules.
- Spread one side of the taco shell with avocado and the other side with soured cream. Fill each taco shell with minced turkey and top with Cheddar cheese and salsa.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(15)
Reviews in English (11)
Quick, easy, and delicious - perfect for a weeknight meal! I did use minced garlic vs. garlic powder and decided to make homemade guacamole vs. just mashing the avocados. I used "Pico de Gallo" by Rachel Love from this site and reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese. Great recipe and while I'm used to "Mexican-style" tacos, these were a really nice change. Thanks for a great recipe Chefbound!-15 Jul 2011
We eat at least one version of this weekly. One of the few meals I don't get complaints from the kids. Instead shouts of "Yea! taco night."-28 Feb 2010
by Sarah Jo
Very simple but sometimes the most simple ingredients combined together turn out the best foods. I made my own pico de gallo. I ate my dinner early because I had to work and I really enjoyed it. The only change I made was used fresh minced garlic instead of garlic powder. I think me making homemade pico de gallo was what made it so good. Simple and delicious!-23 Jun 2011