- Dish type
- No-bake cheesecake
This exciting Mexican-inspired recipe is flavoured with avocados and lime. It's served straight from the freezer, so is perfect for summer. You need an ice cream maker for this recipe.
37 people made this
- 350ml double cream
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 ripe avocados, peeled and stones removed
- 175g cream cheese, softened
- 125ml fresh lime juice
- 1 (20cm) prepared digestive biscuit base
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:5min ›Extra time:2hr30min freezing › Ready in:2hr55min
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan until small bubbles appear around edges. Remove from heat and stir sugar into the cream until it dissolves. Transfer to a medium bowl, and allow to cool.
- Combine the avocado and cream cheese in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the lime juice and process until smooth, then whisk into the cooled cream mixture.
- Fill an ice cream maker with the mixture, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Spoon over the prepared biscuit base. Smooth surface with a spatula. Freeze at least 2 hours in freezer before serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(50)
Reviews in English (37)
by L. Adams
Turned out great, I skipped the ice cream making part because I don't have one . I just poured it in the shell and froze. it went quick at the party though it tasted more like key lime pie, you couldn't really taste the avocados-12 Jan 2008
by Susie Q
I've made this incredible dish three times with rave reviews. I did not have an icecream maker so just froze it in a glass dish. I served it in champagne glasses, sprikled it with extra-dark chocolate shavings with a dab of whipped heavy cream. I used fresh edible flowers and mint leaves for garnish! It looked beautiful and tasted even better! Great Dessert!-06 Jul 2010
Amazing! Didn't have an ice cream maker. Threw it in the freezer, took it out a few hours later and used hand blender... then froze it until i served it the following day. My friends LOVED IT.-15 Sep 2008