- Dish type
- Seafood salad
- Crab salad
This exotic blend of flavours isn't your ordinary pasta salad. Enjoy throughout the summer.
52 people made this
- 325g uncooked fusilli pasta
- 225g crab meat, flaked
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 mango - peeled, stone removed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 jalapeno or green chilli, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:10min ›Extra time:1hr chilling › Ready in:1hr30min
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse under cold water.
- Place pasta, crab meat, red pepper, mango, coriander and chilli in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, honey, cumin, ginger and salt. Pour over salad, toss to coat and chill in the fridge for at least one hour before serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(53)
Reviews in English (40)
This was pretty good. I left out the mango as my husband doesn't like them. The salad is light in flavor and refreshing. My husband didn't like the salad that much as he has a phobia about eating cold seafood. Oh well I guess I won't be making this again.-09 Jul 2002
This recipes was great! I was looking for something that didn't have a cream sauce or cheese and this was wonderful! It was a cold day when I made it, so I sauteed the peppers, then added the crabmeat and the lime juice and zest. I served this over rice. Everyone in the family loved it, and I can't wait to make it in the summer as a salad!-16 May 2002
This one was great. I was looking for something light and tangy but with a kick. I used less hot pepper and substituted salad shrip(it was on sale). It was great! ^The recipie doubles nicely and I tripled the lime dressing-just in case. I got RAVE reviews on a hot summer day.-19 Dec 2002