- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
This is a simple to prepare chicken recipe with loads of flavour. If you like Cajun and Creole seasonings, you'll love this. Serve with chips or rice for a fab midweek supper.
98 people made this
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 stick celery, sliced thin
- 1 green pepper, minced
- 2 (400g) tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, celery and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (about 4 minutes). Add the tomatoes, bay leaf, salt and cayenne pepper. Cook this Creole sauce 3 minutes longer, stirring often.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in a baking dish. Pour the Creole sauce over the chicken.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is tender and white throughout.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(101)
Reviews in English (68)
by Robin Chory Valenti
This was really good. It wasn't too, too spicy, but just perfect for me and my husband. We love chicken and we are always looking for new ways to cook it and this was a keeper! I served it over white rice and with italian bread to sop up all the extra delicious sauce. Yum!-11 Jan 2002
by PATSY HENNESSEY
This was a pretty good recipe, and very simple. I served it over rice to "catch" the sauce, which made a very simple meal with the addition of a vegetable.I only used one can of tomatoes, and diced three fresh roma tomatoes into the pan instead. The fresh tomato chucks made this look fabulous. I will probably up the amount of cayenne I use next time.-10 Nov 2002