- Meat and poultry
- Beef pasta
This is a tasty and cheap supper that the family will love. It's a great use of storecupboard ingredients, and incorporates some veg for extra goodness. If you prefer, top with grated Parmesan instead of feta.
37 people made this
- 110g macaroni
- 450g lean minced beef
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 medium carrots, quartered lengthways and sliced
- 1 large courgette, quartered lengthways and sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 (295g) tin condensed tomato soup
- 1 (295g) tin water
- 30g crumbled feta cheese
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:35min
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Cook macaroni for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain, and set aside.
- Brown mince with garlic in a large frying pan over medium heat. Strain off fat, if necessary. When mince is lightly browned, add carrots and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in courgette and oregano, and continue cooking another 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When vegetables are tender, stir in tomato soup, one tin's worth of water and prepared macaroni, and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with crumbled feta cheese on top, if desired.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(45)
Reviews in English (35)
This was an easy, quick, and delicious recipe! My husband is Greek so to kick the taste up a little more I added a Greek seasoning mixture which added a nice taste. I also added the feta cheese into the pan at the end instead of putting it on top. Will make again!-01 Mar 2006
this was very good!!! I shredded the carrot & zucchini, so my picky family wouldn't realize it. They all ate 2nd helpings. I would double the amount of feta cheese. It truly makes the dish.-21 Aug 2006
Just happened to have the ingredients on hand (and little else in the house) so gave it a whirl. Better than expected! Pretty good quick and easy weeknight dinner! Only change - used a can of diced tomatoes and ketchup (to thicken) because I didn't have any tomato soup. Feta is really the key to the flavor, I would say it's not an option!-09 May 2008